Snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie and pumpkin cookies are my daughter’s favorite, so when I saw recipes for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles floating around the internet I knew I would have to make some. I didn’t see any gluten-free version, so I had to decided between adapting one of the recipes to make them gluten-free or use my gluten-free pumpkin cookie recipe to make gluten-free snickerdoodles. I decided to go with a recipe that I knew my family loved and adapted my frosted pumpkin cookie recipe.
The cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. They retained a rounded shape, rather than flattening out which created a moist and fluffy cookie.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xathan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- In mixing bowl, thoroughly cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
- Add flour mixture to cream mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes.
You may also enjoy:
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin White Chip Waffle Cookies