My husband and kids prepared dinner for Mother’s Day. My husband grilled steaks and my daughter made Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower and Green Beans with Garlic. My oldest son set the table. And my youngest son picked flowers from the shooting star hydrangea bush they bought me and put them in a cup of water, which was a sweet thought, but annoyed his older siblings.
Dinner was absolutely delicious! For dessert my daughter made a Double Chocolate Pizookie. My daughter is the family pizookie expert. A pizookie is a pizza-cookie that is served warm with ice-cream on top. She insists that it must be served warm. If you wait until it is room temperature, you no longer have a pizookie, you just have a giant cookie. Giant cookies are good, but they are not pizookies!
My daughter adapted my Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to make her Pizookie. We used a pizza cutter to serve warm slices of pizookie and then let each person choose their favorite toppings.
- 1 cup of butter, softened, but not melted (you can use df margarine or coconut oil to make this dairy free)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (use can use dairy-free if needed)
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and beat. Stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough out onto a 16″ greased pizza pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve warm with ice-cream and topping on top.
Delicious Pizookie Topping Options: